Resistance is what’s holding you back from everything that you want.
Resistance is that voice in your head that snoozes the alarm, tells you that you can’t do this, and that you don’t deserve that.
Resistance only wants what it knows, what it believes is safe and familiar, which is good in some cases (that’s why it’s there), but if you want to grow, to change, to expand, to do shit that you’ve never done before, resistance is what’s fighting you internally every step of the way.
And in order to buck resistance and grow, you first have to become aware of how resistance is already showing up in your life. Once you can see it, then you can overcome it, but frankly, resistance is a deceptive mf’er so you have to be diligent in recognizing it. We’ll talk much more about resistance here, but first, here’s a quick list of how resistance has shown up in my life in different areas:
1. Sleep. 🛏 (Not getting up early enough; prioritizing comfort)
2. Money.💰(Holding into limiting beliefs that I’m not good with bread)
3. Cannabis.💨 (Lack of accountability around self-medicating)
4. TV. 📺 (Netflix, etc. Prioritizing entertainment comfort > shit I actually want)
5. Instagram.📲 (Mindless scrolling; similar to #4
6. Fear of failure. 😬 (Not starting projects, not writing, etc.) 7. Fear of abandonment. 😓 (Not putting myself out there; shutting myself off to new relationships/opportunities)
Acknowledging resistance is the first step to that growth you want! Feel free to share your own lists in the comments to start overcoming that shit RN! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼