Monday Recipe! 🍳
Ground Turkey Hash 👇
2 teaspoons avocado oil, divided
1 sweet onion diced to 1/2”
2 cloves garlic minced
1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 zucchini diced to 1/2”
1 yellow squash diced to 1/2”
1 bell pepper diced to 1/2”
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
Himalayan sea salt, to taste
Cracked black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a 12” skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 teaspoon avocado oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
2. Add the turkey to the onions and garlic, along with the herbs, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until the turkey is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
3. Push the turkey/onion mixture to the edges of the pan and add 1 teaspoon oil to the center of the pan. Add the zucchini and squash to the oil, and sauté, stirring frequently, until the squash is tender but still retains a bite, about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper to the pan and stir to combine all ingredients. Continue to saute the hash, stirring frequently, for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until the bell pepper is just barely cooked.
4. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if needed. Divide the hash between 4 plates and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
5. Crack four eggs into the pan, one at a time, and fry until the whites are set, 3-4 minutes. Top each plate of hash with a fried egg and serve immediately.
Serving Size = 1 egg and 1.5 ounces of turkey and 2 cups of vegetables
#easyweightloss #weightlossjourney #eatrealfood #eatgoodfeelgood #healthylifestyle #healthiswealth #longevity #choline #yolkporn #breakfast #recipeoftheday #getcooking #foodismedicine #foodisfuel #nourish #optimalbody