Congratulations to @andreapence
, who just completed a 30-day #alcoholfree
challenge. Read on to learn some surprising benefits she enjoyed! 📸 @andreapence
- I read. A ton. When I drink I can’t read. Not like all functionality disappears, but I never got very far sipping a drink and reading at the same time. Now I’m plowing through three books: #whenhelpinghurts
, #itsnotsupposedtobethiswaybook #theunexpectedjoyofbeingsober
- I have saved at least 5,100 calories. Based off of one IPA at 170 calories x one drink per day (and you know you don’t always drink only one).
- I have had 30 blissful, fully-awake, #hangoverfree
mornings! It is such a special gift to meander out of bed at the first light of day to realize shoot, I feel amazing!
- I have saved $102.60 this month on alcohol (I can share the math with you later if you want).
- Food tastes better. There is so much information out there on, “pair this drink with this food,” but #alcohol
actually numbs your taste buds so you’re not even tasting food to the full.
- I’m less anxious, less sad, less angry, and less tired. This one point alone is reason enough for me not to drink.
- My weekends have changed. Instead of being led around by, “where we gonna drink today,” my outlook is “what adventure awaits us that I haven’t even noticed before?”
- I have had a positive impact on the drinking habits of those around me. I know of at least one person who is drinking less because of my #sober
- I am experiencing pride in the value I am placing on my own wellness. I am honoring myself with #sobriety
, and as I continue to walk it out, it feels more amazing. And my confidence has grown in this.
- I have discovered a wealth of community available on Instagram who challenge, lift up, and inspire. Examples I follow are:@kimbanks_reset
(hilarious memes!) and two of my newest favorites - @soberinwisco
& @namastesoberlife #anxiety #wellnesswarrior