tutorial: an ethereal look on your drawings!
1. here's what we're starting out with! very minimal shading and gradients, but it's looking a little boring, isn't it?
2. i start the filtering by flattening the image. go layer -> flatten image. it will put all your layers together in one click!
3. once everything is together, let's duplicate the layer. go to the layer menu and click copy layer. then, pick the top layer and go to filter -> blur -> gaussian blur. i usually put the radius at around 15, but feel free to experiment with it!
4. now your pic is looking all blurry. pick overlay from the layer effect menu. this way, the bottom layer will shine through and be given a glowy effect by the other layer. it can look a little too contrasted at first so i usually change the opacity of the overlay layer to around 30%. again, experiment.
5. if the colors are still not good for me, i go with the other filter options and play around with them until i'm fully satisfied!
6. after filtering and adding the finishing touches, i'm all done!!
this is also day 6 for #chesdrawyourocchallenge
and i skipped day 5 on accident, oh well. ive drawn connie and bob together a lot already :p
#oc #originalcharacter #aesthetic #pastel #animeart #thisisanewtagforartists #art #drawing #painttoolsai #artchallenge #artistsupport #arttag2k19 #aestheticart #pastelgrunge #chesdrawyourocchallenge #chesarty_classof1998 #howtodraw #drawingtips #arttutorial #drawingtutorial #arttips