Evening time with stone teeth
🌿💧Stone stacks, also known as fairy stacks, are small, man-made piles of rocks balanced on top of each other. Their origins are debated, but the practice may have derived from Cairns: large stacks of stones that have been used since ancient times as burial monuments, defense and landmarks. Today, most stacks are found near bodies of water, and are created for the process' meditative properties, as people become in tune with the Earth's natural resources and the pull of its gravity. It is good to note though, that the construction of these should not be done everywhere, as it can ruin natural landscapes and habitats. St Nectan's Glen is full of these stacks, with some people using them to make wishes, or simply just to relax. 🌬️
#photooftheday #photography #photographer #blackandwhite #blackandwhitephotography #bnwphotography #monochrome #stones #stonestacks #nature #naturephotographer #naturephotography #beautifulplaces #earthofficial #thegreatoutdoors #stnectansglen #stnectanskieve #cornwall #nikonphotography #nikon #shotzdelight #agameoftones #magicalplaces #explore #exploretocreate #meditation #peace #serenity #forest #waterfall
If you love playing piano, you will practice
If you love ball games, you will watch and play the games
If you love books, you will read a lot
When there’s something you love, all you can do is to spend time with it, and you will sink into it
Then why it’s abnormal in people’s perception if you just want to spend more time with somebody you love?
Day 16 LAST DAY: 57.8miles / 93Kms
Time: 6hrs 3mins on the saddle
Finish: Thurso, via John O'Groats
Well that's it! A year in the making then it's all over in a 2 week flash! That 2hr cycle to Thurso for my final destination felt like an eternity though 🤣 and of course just as I was thinking how perfect the Scotland weather had been, I got caught in a storm. But overall I was still lucky with the weather I had, just a couple of days with a downpour. Can't complain!
Today was quite hilly and after I left John O'Groats I got some headwind but it was the last few miles and I just put my head down and peddled.
Shout out to all the other solo female touring cyclists I saw heading towards John O'Groats that afternoon!! GO US! ✊🏼
I'll be catching a train from Thurso to Inverness then a sleeper train back to London. Sadly I don't have a cabin booked like I did to Penzance, just a seat. I wonder if I can haggle myself an upgrade 😄 one can only hope 🤞🏼
While I'm here, i'll fill you in on a few details I hadn't really discussed about my trip, because I can't let you all believe its picture perfect 😆 no matter how good my photos are 😏
- The saddle sores are real! And because I was sweating so much on the warm days I've also got a rash. I'm off to Lisbon for a girls weekend this week, that bikini I bought ain't looking good right now 🤣 Too much info? Sorrynotsorry
- My knees hate me, I'm so glad I won't need to attempt another hill for a while. I also wont be cycling this week to work either 😆 need to give my body (and ass) a rest
- my back has seazed up, I've definitely missed my foam roller at home, but it's a trip to my chiro asap
- cannot wait to wash my hair properly! The last time I washed it was on weds in the first week and that was just with handsoap 🤣
- don't underestimate that English sun! I have been using factor 50 and I still have tanlines 😆 and I have sun and wind burn on my face
- I'm looking forward to a selection of clothes again AND the washing machine. I've had only 2 cycling outfits to alternate for 2 weeks and just 1 set of normal clothes that I would wear sleeping and if I went out 🧟
Time to pack the tent away!