~<|>~IN NEED OF GOOD KNEES~<|>~ As the weather heats up eager beavers everywhere begin to think about starting up exercise, one of the most popular choices is running! Now running can be fantastic, BUT one of the most significant problems is doing too much too soon, it can take its toll your body and especially on your knees!
Time to get them strong and ready to support you... These three exercises are fantastic staple exercises to build up knee strength and stability ... 1. Decline slant board toe taps - these are great for a bit of patella tendon burnout, the slant board increases workout load on the knee and quadriceps. The band adds fantastic work through the glutes of the working leg as well as introducing stability.
2. Swiss Ball hamstring curls (as your strength increases drop to single leg curls) - The hamstrings are a biarticular muscle group, this means they cross two joints, the hip, and the knee. The hamstrings are therefore super crucial for both knee and hip health. For your knees to be strong and stable, the quads and hamstrings (and of course glutes) need to be working efficiently. Therefore don't neglect your hamstring by just doing lot's of squats, give these hamstring curls a try to!
3. Eccentric Single leg squats - A slow and controlled single leg squat is an excellent way to get all the muscles of the hip, knee, and ankle working in harmony. If you run, you will notice you spend all your time on one leg - if both of your legs are in contact with the ground you're walking! Therefore utilising single leg work is essential for all runners training plans.
ENJOY 🏋🏻♀️🤸🏻♂️🧘🏻♀️ #kneehealth #runnersknee #kneerehab #trainwithnopain #personaltrainer #raynespark
Zoey’s mom is amazing!!!!! Zoey has been working on confidence building and leash reactivity. We’ve worked through the Relaxation Protocol and Mom, as you can see, has gone full speed ahead on her own teaching tricks and other amazing behaviors! All of this build confidence. Today we worked Zoey outdoors with Stuffed Chuck and she crushed it!!!!!! No reactivity and full attention on mom. Video to come.... I love it 😍 #leashreactivity #reactivedog #confidencebuilding #dogtricks #dogenrichment #dogtraining
Having fun with “Heel.” This four week class gives brain calorie outlets, a new recall, and the skills for handler and dog to greet strangers while passing in close proximity. This class had so much fun we are creating the next level of precision Heeling!!!! Coming soon. . .
I thought maybe we could wrap, but, uh, Ryker had other thoughts.
I’ve organically started using the word ‘ready’ to see if he wants to engage. It’s advanced to a point where if he hears an airplane, I cue ‘ready,’ he will go get the toy he wants to play with in that moment. Fascinating, intelligent kiddo. But that’s not in this clip. 😏
This? It’s a closer-up version of a really happy, soft waggy-tailed dog who knows what the rules are and trusts he will be trained - educated - about what *is* allowed.
Ryker and I have built a relationship on trust by using fetch as the language. Modeled after Chirag Patel’s “Bucket Game,” Ryker can tell me whether he is ready to engage or if he needs some time, space, or both.
Rules of engagement:
- deliver toy to hands
- wait, sit, or down gets the toss
- if you’re quiet, the toss happens faster
- if you struggle (airplanes!), I will keep your focus and just toss so you’ll stay engaged - I will give you space if you need to mouth or shred a toy (stress relief!) Considering he was wound quite tightly when he arrived, he’s come a long, long way. He offers behaviors (and ignores suggestions 😏), engages appropriately, and truly does trust that I’m on his team.
There are several videos coming...I started with this one as he frisbee is ‘my’ favorite and it makes me giddy when he brings it to me to engage. (He doesn’t bring it to me in this clip, but he does nearly every morning)
#abmr #fosterdog #lifeofadogtrainer #longsnouts
What’s this?! Oh, just a massive dog on his way (back) to Michigan.
Yes, Ryker is coming back to Meadowland. After a long week of sleuthing into his history before entering rescue, it was decided he needs to spend some more time learning that the world isn’t a scary place and that people won’t abuse (what they call) training tools.
There is only love surrounding him - from his transporters, the organization, the couple who really wanted to make it work, and, of course, me.
More details may be divulged if/when I’m ready to talk about them. It’s been a week full of anger and heartbreak on his behalf...and we are all still processing the information.
Welcome back, Ryker. See you in a few hours.
#fearandtrustcannotcoexist #fosteringbreaksyourheartopen #abmr #morningsatmeadowland
Kicked off Saturday Morning with the launch of C2M Fitness sessions at Langley Ave Park.🏃♂️🏋️♀️
Thanks to everyone who came out and worked hard! We will be here Saturday mornings to work on your functional fitness and strength 💪🏼🤗